Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sweet Potato Heaven (For lack of a better name)

I've never cooked with sweet potatoes until last night. In fact, I never even liked sweet potatoes (or at least I didn't know I did) until recently. My tastes in the past year have changed drastically, so I guess it's a new like. One day the thought of sweet potato crinkle fries sounded like the best thing on earth so I tried some (I didn't make them myself though) and I was right. Best thing on earth, for sure.

So a few days ago I bought one single sweet potato at the store, vowing to make something homemade with it, though I had no clue what to make. Last night I realized it was going to go bad soon so it was time to do something with it. I looked at a few recipes but none of them seemed like something I wanted. Finally, I just decided to go with my instincts. I peeled and cubed the sweet potato and then threw the cubes in some boiling water. While they were getting soft, I looked through my pantry to try to figure out what I was going to do to the sweet potato. I decided to sauté the cubes in some vegan butter, brown sugar, and a little water, and I sprinkled in some cinnamon. What resulted was nothing short of a sweet party in my mouth.

I didn't get a picture this time. Normally that would be because I ate it as soon as it was done. This time it was because I put it into two containers to take it to work today and tomorrow. I just ate the first serving and I already can't wait to eat the rest tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment