Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Vegan Fiancé

Last night we went to a weekly get together that my boyfriend's friends in Memphis always have. I got to meet them and it was great fun! Once I move here I can't wait to start bringing vegan dishes to the get together (they're very vegan friendly but they didn't know any vegans would be there so they didn't have much for me, but I ate right before anyway).

So after this get together we got in the car. A few minutes later I realized he was driving towards downtown instead of toward my hotel. He said we were going to get some more wine at a downtown bar. We ended up at the amazingly gorgeous Peabody Hotel, where my one glass of wine cost more than the bottle we bought to take to the get together. We sat and talked and sipped on wine.

We've been discussing getting married for a while, so he said we should go look at the ballroom upstairs at the hotel for the venue. I just laughed and said, "There's no way we can afford that." I didn't realize he didn't plan to get married there, just engaged. Since I unknowingly ruined his plan, he looked for another opportunity. At that point he thought he would just wait until we were leaving and say, "Wait, I forgot one thing," and then, bam, proposal time.

However, he got a better opportunity. The hotel bar had live piano music and I noticed they were playing a song from The Little Mermaid. I'm pretty much obsessed with The Little Mermaid (even though I don't really like cartoons) and he is well aware of this. He didn't recognize the song so I said, "You know, the one that says 'I want to be part of your world'?" and I was so distracted by the song I didn't notice he pulled out a little box. Then I heard him say, "Yeah? How about you be part of my world?" And there it was. My dream ring, being handed to me by my dream man. I'm so far beyond excited I can't even sleep! I only got a few hours of sleep but I feel completely energized! I get to be this amazing man's wife. How lucky am I?!

And now begins the search for vegan and non vegan options that can co-exist for our wedding while I start my life with my meat-and-dairy-loving man! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment