Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Vegan Valentine

Last night, my boyfriend and I had our special v-day dinner one night early to avoid the crazy crowds and because it worked better with our schedules. We went to J. Alexander's, where neither of us had ever been. After apartment hunting all day (and finding our new place!), I was extremely hungry and a little worried about what the restaurant had to offer since they didn't have info on their website. Luckily, our waitress had previously worked in a vegan restaurant in Cali so she was familiar with what options I had and more than willing to ask around in the kitchen about stuff she didn't know.

I ended up going with the veggie burger (sans cheese) and fresh steamed broccoli. It was, by far, the biggest and best veggie burger I've ever had! It was loaded with flavor. My meat-and-dairy-loving boyfriend even tried it and said, "If you can figure out how to make that at home, we can eat veggie burgers every night!" The spices used in it seemed to have a bit of southwestern flair, though I'm still clueless as to what was in it. The only negative was that it didn't hold together very well, but it was still just as delicious on a fork as it was on a bun, so that's not even a real negative!

This picture does not even do it justice, by the way (probably because I was in such a hurry to eat it I wasn't too concerned about how the picture turned out!). Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment