Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Couscous Chickpea Confetti Salad!

***Update***
You know when you go in the kitchen to sneak a bite of what you made earlier and suddenly your taste buds scream, "It needs dijon mustard!!" No? That doesn't happen to you? Hmm. Well it happened to me, and I must say it was the perfect addition to this dish. I didn't have much so I added what I had which was a little under 1/8 cup. Yum!
***Update over***

As promised, Couscous Chickpea Confetti salad recipe and picture!

Ingredients:
- 1 cup couscous (I actually wanted to make this with quinoa but I didn't have any and the couscous needed to be used. Next time I'll try it with quinoa.)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (minus the delicious ones I ate as soon as I opened the can...oops!)
- 2 on the vine tomatoes
- 1/2 cup edamame
- chopped red onion (whatever amount you want...I think I did one big slice chopped up)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste

To Prepare:
- Prepare the couscous and edamame separately according to the package directions. Add everything together and stir.

Really, it's that easy. Also, play with the amounts and ingredients. It doesn't have to be limited to these ingredients and the amounts are only estimates for the most part. Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment